- European Commission
DG Research, FP 6: Activity Area NMP
Safety Assessment and Lifetime Management of Industrial Piping Systems
01.09.2005 – 31.08.2008
The project SafePipes was supported by the European Union under the 6th Framework Programme.
The strategic aim of SafePipes was the demonstration of advanced technologies for life cycle management as well as the monitoring and maintenance of chemical plants. A fully integrated monitoring system should enable the condition assessment of industrial piping systems over the complete life cycle and enhance the safety in this area. A reduction of the maintenance and inspection efforts as well as a reduction of production costs and the minimization of accidents and damaging events especially for the environment and humans should be reached.
To reach the project aims extensive measurement campaigns in chemical plants and power stations were conducted. These experimental results served as basis on which the new methods and a unit for active reduction of pipe vibrations were developed.
- Vienna Consulting Engineers, Austria
- Neue Materialien Würzburg, Germany
- CKTI Vibroseism Co. Ltd., Russian Federation
- Materials Testing Institute University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Fraunhofer-Institut fuer zerstörungsfreie Prüfverfahren, IZFP Dresden, Germany
- Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Polish Academy of Science, Poland
- RWE Power AG, Germany
- Dow Chemical, Belgium
- Electricité de France, France
Project management agency
- Demonstrator of an active vibration reduction device for pipes which was the basis for the subsequently developed product ADD.Pipe®
- Demonstrator of a monitoring system for pipes
- Schubert, F.; Frankenstein, B.; Lamek, B.; Küttner, M.; Friedmann, H. und F.-O. Henkel, F.-O.: 2008, A Multi-Channel SHM Framework for Industrial Piping Systems Based on Guided Elastic Waves and Vibrations, in: Proceedings of the Fourth European Workshop Structural Health Monitoring, pages 953 – 962, Crakow, Poland July 2-4 2008
- Schubert, F.; Frankenstein, B.; Lamek, B.; Küttner, M.; Friedmann,H. und Henkel, F.-O.: 2009, A multi-channel SHM framework for industrial piping systems based on guided elastic waves and vibrations, in: Encyclopedia of Structural Health Monitoring, Volume 5, pages2505 – 2524, edited by Christian Boller, Fu-Kuo Chang and Yozo Fujino. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex 2009
- Engelhardt, J. und Pankoke, S.: 2007, Active Vibration Absorbers for Industrial Piping Systems; Contribution to Adaptronic Congress 2007, 23rd to -24th May 2007, Göttingen, Proceedings
- Engelhardt, J. et al.: 2007, Active Vibration Absorbers for Industrial Piping Systems; Adaptronic Congress 2007, 23-24 May, Goettingen Germany, 2007
If you are interested in one of our publications please send us an e-mail to FuE@woelfel.de and please provide the following data:
- Title of the requested publication,
- Your name,
- Your company name/institution,
- Your e-mail address and phone number
We will contact you immediately. Thank you!