As a rule, technical processes are related to acoustic phenomena. In view of noise impact protection and occupational safety, noise emissions can be undesired or be signs of a defect of a machine. In some cases (e.g., in the automotive industry), however, special noise characteristics can also represent a quality feature that should purposefully be established. No matter whether the objective is to reduce the noise, to detect a defective component or to selectively tune the noise, it is always essential to know the mechanism behind the development of noise and acoustic emission.
In more than 40 years of activity in the fields of acoustics and structural mechanics, Wölfel has gained a wealth of experience in the fields of machine acoustics and technical sound protection so that we can find almost any sound source using modern measuring technology and analysis methods. We support you when you are confronted with acoustic issues – whether you just have to locate a sound source, need monitoring of the development process or want to formulate sound reduction measures. We consider sound source location not as a delimited service but as a stepping stone on the way to finding a solution. Based on our broad service range and with the help of engineers from various specialist fields, we continue to support you on your further way, for example, by examining FEM models, designing active and passive extinguishers to suppress noise generation or formulating passive sound reduction measures.
The accessibility of the area to be examined, the frequency range or the noise characteristics normally do not form any obstacle to locating a sound source. We have various measuring technology to cover almost all cases:
- acoustic camera with different array diameters (array diameters from 30 cm to 5 m cover a frequency range from 80 Hz to 10 kHz),
- conventional multi-channel measuring systems,
- intensity measuring technology,
- conventional manual sound level measuring technology,
- more than 30 acceleration sensors and underwater microphones.
- Linde Material Handling GmbH
- Rhein Energie AG
- Hamburg Hafen und Logistik AG
- Fibro Läpple Technologie GmbH
- Magistrat der Stadt Dreieich
- GE Wind Energy GmbH
- Grass GmbH
- Vensys Energy AG
- MAC Energysystems GmbH & Co. KG
- Steinbeis Papier Glückstadt GmbH & Co. KG
- LASCO Umformtechnik GmbH
- TecAlliance GmbH
- Siemens AG, Mobility Devision
- Ford Forschungszentrum Aachen AG
- Franken Guss Kitzingen GmbH & Co. KG