The starting point for any comfort simulation is the design of a finite element seat model consisting of
- seat structure including kinematics, adjusters and joints
- supporting springs below the seat and behind the backrest cushion
- molded foam parts, including padding (if applicable)
- seat cover and trim.
We carry out precise modeling and all material tests required for the simulation of the foam and cover materials.
Important factors for the suitability of the seat model for vibration simulation:
- Precise representation of natural frequencies and mode shapes
- Illustration of the special material properties of cushions and trims, particularly their frequency dependence.