A careful and economically optimized operation thanks to the individual setting of operating parameters and performance curves for each wind turbine (WT) in your wind farm can only be realized with actually recorded vibration data. The monitoring system SHM.Tower® has been developed to continuously record this vibration stress in your tower. With the integrated evaluation routines, e.g. warnings can be issued when threshold values are exceeded, thus providing a significant added value during operation. WTs under excessive stress can be immediately identified and countermeasures can be taken.
SHM.Tower – System for vibration monitoring and life cycle prognosis
Intelligent monitoring system for tower vibrations on wind turbines
Lifetime prognosis for assessments regarding further operation
During the entire service life, the stored and directly evaluated data provide exact information about the consumed lifetime. With the use of SHM.Tower® in your tower, the evaluation for further operation of your wind turbine is based on the fatigue loads that have actually occurred and not only on mere estimations. For an extension of the operating time, especially the critical extreme conditions are directly recorded.
Sensors and electronic equipment of SHM.Tower are installed in a compact casing for easy installation in the tower head of the wind turbine. In the energy self-sufficient operating mode, SHM.Tower can be integrated during construction and can thus bridge short-term power failures. Furthermore, the system can also be retrofitted on an existing turbine: all fatigue loads are recorded and stored at any time.
- Measurement of vibration stress and output of warnings if threshold values are exceeded (ISO 10816-21/VDI 3834)
- Frequency distribution of RMS values (e.g. during the year)
- Lifetime prognosis for each tower segment by based on fatigue strength
- Classification of loads according to operating conditions
- Lifetime consumption trend
- Valid statements for the further operation of your wind turbine
- Also for retrofitting
- Energy self-sufficient monitoring function (recording up to 3 months without energy supply)
- Connection to the Wölfel monitoring portal MIC.Windenergy
- Interface for external sensors (three-channel sensors)
- Frequency range: 0,1 – 10 Hz
- Measuring range: ± 2 g
Brochure SHM.Tower 413 KB