IMMI fully supports the requirements of Directive 2002/49/EC for interim and national computation methods. All 4 interim computation methods, including the adaptations described in Recommendation 2003/613/EC are available in IMMI. In total, more than 20 national computation methods are disposable in IMMI.
According to Directive 2002/49/EC the following calculation methods are recommended:
- NMPB/XP S 31-133 + Guide du Bruit (1980) – interim computation method for road traffic noise
- SRM II – interim computation method for railway noise
- ISO 9613-2 – interim computation methods for industrial noise
- ECAC.CEAC Doc. 29 (1997) with segmentation technique – interim computation method for aircraft noise
- Furthermore, Member States may use their own national computation methods. In that case equivalence with the interim methods must be shown.