In order to virtually depict individual design variants in the development process, several simulation tools from different providers are often used. However, working with heterogeneous simulation environments is often error-prone, labor-intensive and thus ultimately expensive, especially with regard to data transfer. SIMULIA provides a scalable range of coordinated analysis tools under the Abaqus/CAE user interface. Simulation data can be seamlessly exchanged, processes are optimized and consolidated.
The extremely powerful and reliable solvers Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit make the software suite particularly suitable for simulating complex processes, which include:
- Highly non-linear material behavior
- Variable geometry with extremely large deformations
- Contact and self-contact
- Multi-physical phenomena (e.g. fluid-structure interactions)
- Transient dynamic events (e.g. drop tests/crash)
Extensive material model and element libraries are available to the user. If required, additional elements and material models can be programmed and implemented.
Besides the calculation of static, implicitly or explicitly dynamic processes and frequency calculations, SIMULIA offers within one license the possibility of topology optimization (Tosca), parametric optimization (Isight) and lifetime calculation (fe-safe). The administration is done via an intuitive token model, which allows for highest flexibility in the license configuration.
The advantages of SIMULIA Abaqus at a glance:
Improved product quality
Lower costs through virtual tests
Accelerated development cycles and higher efficiency
High-end software for high-end components
One license, many functions (statics, dynamics, frequency, optimization, lifetime, ...)
- Abaqus/CAE combines model creation (pre-processing), solution tracking (monitoring of Abaqus/Standard or Abaqus/Explicit) and result viewing (post-processing) seamlessly integrated in one graphical user-interface (GUI)
- Administration of material cards in a library
- Very well programmable and automatable through Python-based scripts/interfaces
- Interfaces to various CAD programs (Catia, SolidWorks, NX, ProEngineer)
- Variety of Plug-Ins available for download
- Modelling assistants (e.g. to identify contact pairs, reuse existing components or define fibre composite structures)
- Efficient, robust, implicit solver
- Automatic incrementation possible
- Efficient handling of nonlinearities and contacts
- Comprehensive contact definitions (general contact, contact pairs, automated resolution of contact overlaps, e.g. for interference fits)
- Used, for example, for static analyses, slow dynamic analyses and steady state transport analyses
- Analysis can be continued with Abaqus/Explicit
- Highly efficient calculation, including the possibility to distribute the computation on CPUs and GPUs
- Efficient, explicit solver, e.g. for highly non-linear high-speed dynamic analyses (crash, drop tests) or highly non-linear quasi-static analyses (forming processes, complex contact states)
- Good scalability even for large number of CPUs
- Contact features such as general contact and automated resolution for interference fits and initial contact penetrations (Interference Fit – from version 2019HF1)
Please contact us personally
We will be happy to advise you on the development, optimization and automation of your simulation processes as well as on questions concerning your licenses and working with SIMULIA software.