Plant components such as
- Process lines,
- Power Plant Management,
- Tanks and containers on saddles, supports and scaffolding,
- Pumps, centrifuges, cyclones and agitators,
- Compressor units,
- Ventilation systems as well as
- Cranes, hoists and manipulators
play an important role in plant engineering and must withstand not only the loads during running operation, but also special loads. Typical load cases are:
- Static operating loads (weight, temperature, pressure)
- Dynamic operating loads such as pulsation and shock wave
- Dynamic incidents such as earthquakes and pressure waves
For design and strength calculation according to the common rules, we assume the geometry of your equipment Isometries or CAD data, perform voltage and fatigue analysis and develop optimizations to the components themselves or their supporting structures. In addition to the design of new systems, we also provide support for the conversion of legacy assets, as well as for the upgrading and retrofitting.
- ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, B31.5, B31.8
- ASME BPVC Section III, Section VIII
- KTA 3201.2, 3211.2
- DIN EN 13445-3, DIN EN 13480-3, DIN EN 13941-1
- AD Merkblätter, AGFW, FDBR, VDI 3842
- DVS 2205-1, 2205-2, 2210-1
- Eurocode, IBC
In addition to computational analysis, we also perform vibration measurements and evaluations - worldwide and at short notice thanks to our mobile measurement equipment.
Especially when troubleshooting acute (vibration) problems, the combination of calculation and measurement from a single source enables fast and effective solutions. Also during the implementation of the proposed remedial measures, we support you competently.
Whether in the context of new constructions, conversions or retrofits: we support plant manufacturers and operators in the design of entire plants or individual components in all structural-mechanical issues. Due to our expertise built up over many years, we are particularly consulted for the following load cases:
Please contact me personally
I will be happy to advise you on questions concerning the design of plants and components for operational and special loads.
Mechanical Engineering, TU Darmstadt
Dipl.-Ing. / Dr.-Ing