- Is the load case earthquake particularly important in Germany?
- What about countries with high seismic activity?
- Which technical and economic problems or time problems can arise in case of earthquakes – for buildings and infrastructure?
Wölfel – projects worldwide
- Consulting services for the determination of input data, the adaptation of designs and the development of the analysis concept; representation to inspectors and authorities
- Experience and know-how including national (DIN EN 1998), European and international earthquake standards (UBC, IBC, IEEE, IEC etc.)
- Design of structures with quasi-static equivalent methods or dynamic methods such as floor response spectra, linear or non-linear time-history analyses
- Determination of the soil-structure interaction by means of special simulation programs
- Design of plants: experience in international projects, e.g. for power plants, chemical plants, production plants, switchgears, vessels and piping systems
- Seismic reevaluation of plants and components
- Seismic qualification of components by means of shaking tests
- Assessment of damage caused by earthquakes along with classification of the damage symptoms, post-qualification, retrofitting measures
The aim of the research project ELISSA is to optimize lightweight walls for buildings. With the use of nano-materials, improved temperature, vibration/earthquake and fire properties are achieved. Wölfel played an important role in this research project.