50 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
CUSTOMIZED, COST-EFFICIENT AND RELIABLE SOLUTIONS
ALL FROM ONE SOURCE
Yes, and that is why we need a wide range of solutions to reduce vibrations. The aim is always to minimize the impact on production and quality processes as well as environmental pollution. This is exactly what we are specialized in for 50 years.
If your industry or specific vibration problem is not listed on this page, please contact us anyway and we will find a solution.
Please contact us personally
We are happy to advise you on questions relating to the active and passive reduction of vibrations and support you in solving your specific vibration problem.
● ADD.Pipe is an active pipe damper (ADD stands for Active Damping Device) and can greatly reduce pipe vibrations over a wide frequency range. It is a system with three degrees of freedom consisting of three actuators and reaction masses. Thus, all vibrations in different directions to the pipe axis can be reduced.
● TMD.Pipe is a passive pipe damper (TMD stands for Tuned Mass Damper). Learn more about the system here.
Damping as a method of vibration reduction is only effective if the vibrating system is excited at a frequency close to its natural frequency. Due to their design principle, viscoelastic dampers can be used over a wide frequency range. They reduce vibrations by converting kinetic vibration energy into heat, thus damping the motion of the system.
TMD.Pipe is a passive pipe damper. It consists of a mass, restoring elements and dampers. The operating principle: The TMD, which is tuned to the resonance of the pipeline, significantly increases the damping and thus reduces the resonant amplitudes. A major advantage is that no abutment is required. Thus, the TMD.Pipe can be installed almost anywhere and optimized exclusively according to effect criteria.
In a natural gas plant pipe vibrations caused serious problems during commissioning. The installation of tuned mass dampers not only reduced vibrations to a minimum but also allows the plant operation run most effectively.
● ADD.45N: ADD.45N is an active system for broadband damping of mechanical structures. The plug&play system consists of a 45 N actuator (sensor integrated) and a rack. This includes the sensor electronics and a controller for active damping including a power amplifier. Up to two 45 N actuators can be connected to and supplied by one rack. Each controller is parameterized via a separate potentiometer. In addition to closed-loop operation, the system can also be operated with its own hardware. In this case, control signals can be transmitted to the amplifier via a BNC socket and thus the actuator can be controlled. The magnetic feet of the actuator make it easy to attach it to existing structures (retrofit of machines subject to vibration). The cut-off frequency is 8 Hz, further information can be found on the homepage of our subsidiary Micromega.
● ADD.1kN: This product is a 35-kilogram inertia mass actuator with a 1000 N nominal force and an 8 Hz cut-off frequency, which can be used e.g. for active vibration reduction. Further information can be found on the homepage of our subsidiary Micromega.
● ADD.x: Under ADD.x we summarize our further problem-specific developments for active vibration reduction. The systems or system components were developed for specific customer queries and then converted into products. Such a product or customized product development can also be used for the problem on your machine. This includes for example: ADD.IN (inertial mass actuator, mass 80 gr, cut-off frequency 12 Hz), ADD.5N (inertial mass actuator, mass 250 gr, cut-off frequency 21 Hz), ADD-2D-250N (2D-inertial mass actuator, mass 18 kg, cut-off frequency 22,5 Hz), ADD.Sound (6 kN inertial mass actuator with amplifier), ADD.Pipe
Further information can be found on the homepage of our subsidiary Micromega.